Field Liaison Officer
Agro Eco-Louis Bolk Institute is an advisory organisation based in the Netherlands but with branch offices in various African countries, including in Accra, Ghana, which serves the West African region.
Agro Eco-LBI advises the private sector, NGOs, governments and international organisations in the development of niche markets for quality products. It has been active in Africa since 1990 and tens of exporters and ten-thousands of smallholder farmers are profiting from the access achieved to higher paying markets that however set high quality standards. We provide farmer supplier group organisation, conversion planning, technical assistance, research, preparation of grower group certification, quality programmes, market studies and linkages between exporters and importers.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of these key criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree level, in agriculture, natural resource management or related area preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in development work.
- Knowledge of sustainability, cocoa supply chains and forest conservation issues in Ghana.
- Experience in dealing with government representatives, traditional authority and complex institutional landscapes
- Experience with multi-stakeholder facilitation and project implementation.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written) and Twi.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially a very good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, multitask and meet strict timelines.
- Ability to drive a car and/or ride a motorbike in rough terrains (hold drivers’ licence).
- Work in close collaboration with the 3PRCL project team to support field implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication, and documentation.
- Engage with all relevant stakeholders, particularly traditional authority, CREMAs, LMBs, Cooperatives, timber companies and government institution to ensure active participation in the Timber in Cocoa Agroforestry project.
- Ensure project implementation aligns with planned activities as per MOUs with Touton.
- Liaise with stakeholders and partners to ensure collaborative projects are implemented well.
- Ensure that capacities of CREMAs, Cooperatives, IMSs and Youth teams are sufficiently developed to meet project implementation needs.
- Ensure youth teams adequately report using appropriate reporting tools.
- Closely monitor indicators to ensure that corrective recommendations are provided on a timely basis.
- Support project to coordinate assessments, designs/ redesign, baselines, evaluations, transitions and other operational research activities in the operational areas.
- Ensure timely feedback on work flow processes in the field.
- Support in defining and implementing the key project performance indicators (KPI)
- Collecting ideas and potential deliverables for the future.
Job Location: Juaboso and Bia Landscape
Application deadline: 27th February 2019
How to Apply
Please forward your application letters and CVs to email address: jobs(at)agroeco.net before or on 27th February, 2019