Position: Human Resource Officer
Reporting line: Office Manager
Contract period: 2 years renewable
Duty station: Kumasi
The Human Resource Officer is part of the Administration and Human Resources Team within the Agro Eco Ghana Office. Human Resources ensures the availability and administration of human capital for Agro Eco, supporting engagement and motivation through HR strategy and instruments.
The Human Resource Officer performs the personnel administration based on defined processes and using relevant systems. Provides accurate, complete, and timely HR administration to ensure complete administration and accurate data for management information (reports) and insights.
To conduct all necessary HR and administrative support work for the organisation and its consultants for smooth running of the office.
- Support the office manager in the effective implementation of human resource policies relating to employment, personnel records, training, administration.
- Developing Human Resource planning strategies and ensuring good recruitment for the institute.
- Assist the office manager to update and maintain HR policies and procedures.
- Support the office manager to implement ISO 9001 requirements of the office.
- Maintain the HR filing system and make improvements where necessary.
- Ensure all AE staff including foreigners have the necessary permit to work in Ghana.
- Assist in the preparation of regular quarterly reports to management.
- Provide general support to interns and visitors to the Kumasi office.
- BSc degree with Human resource, business Administration or Management, social science, or related field with administrative experience.
- Minimum 4 years working in Human Resource administration, preferably for an NGO.
- Sound general business practice and experience, able to work autonomously and in a team.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments in a constantly changing environment, to meet deadlines, exercise good judgment and to effectively communicate with personnel with high integrity and commitment to transparency.
- Proven sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Proven strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
- Excellent written and oral English
Salary: Local contract (commensurate with experience).
How to apply:
Kindly send your application and resume with two references to email@example.com by closing date Wednesday November 15, 2023. Please indicate the position “Application for Human Resource Officer” in the subject of your email. Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.